BOTOX® for Upper Limb Spasticity (ULS)
If you live with upper limb spasticity, you’re not alone. About 1.8 million Americans also live with it.1 The stiff muscles. The bent elbow or wrist. The clenched fist.2 Perhaps you have tried to find treatment, but still haven’t found one that works for you. Or other health problems have kept you from getting help. Don’t give up.
Upper limb spasticity
Upper limb spasticity is a condition in which certain muscles in your elbow,
wrist, or fingers become stiff or tight. It’s caused by several conditions or neurological events that can damage the brain or the spinal cord.3 the effects of ULS
How your upper limbs work normally
The brain sends signals to the muscles of your elbow, wrist, and fingers through nerve cells (called neurons).4 When your muscles receive these signals, your elbow, wrist, and fingers react as your brain directs them.4
With ULS, your muscles receive the wrong signals
When you have upper limb spasticity, the signals sent to the muscles in your elbow, wrist, and fingers become misguided and these muscles constantly tighten or contract.3 The result: your elbow, wrist, and fingers may be bent or stiff.2
BOTOX® is proven to reduce stiffness caused by Upper Limb Spasticity (ULS)
When you or someone you care for experiences increased muscle stiffness in the elbow, wrist, or fingers, you may choose to explore more than one treatment option. Getting the facts about BOTOX® (onabotulinumtoxinA) treatment can help you and your doctor make a decision that’s right for you.
- Thousands of people use BOTOX® to fight upper limb spasticity.
- BOTOX® is first-line prescription medicine that has been approved by the FDA to treat upper limb spasticity in the elbow, wrist, and fingers.
- BOTOX® treatment was clinically proven to help reduce muscle stiffness in the elbow, wrist, and fingers.
- BOTOX® has been used to treat upper limb spasticity since 2010.
- Many insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, cover the costs of BOTOX® treatment for upper limb spasticity. The BOTOX®Savings Card* also helps you save on treatment costs.
*With the BOTOX® Savings Card, out-of-pocket costs are covered in full for the majority of commercially insured patients receiving treatment for upper limb spasticity.3.4 The BOTOX® Savings Card can be used for up to 4 treatments and/or related procedures in a 12-month period.